Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
You are passionate about privacy and security and feel excited to be part of a dynamic fast-moving environment where no idea is too ambitious. We design and implement new innovative cryptographic constructions to address unique challenges such as secure messaging, device pairing, and cloud data privacy. We are looking for a motivated Applied Cryptography Engineer who has a proven track record for building technology that has a direct impact on the privacy and security of data. To ensure success in the role, you should possess extensive knowledge of programming languages used for data cryptography. With your expertise, you will ensure secure, fast, and efficient digital transactions.
- Implement and validate state-of-the-art algorithms and protocols on across a broad range of architectures and embedded systems, including considerations of side- channel attacks, performance, and memory/code size constraints.
- Work cooperatively with other parts of Wallife tech team on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security.
- Collaborating with managers to determine blockchain technology needs and envisaged functionalities
- Applying the latest cryptology techniques to protect digital transaction data against cyberattacks and information hacks
- Educating sales personnel on data security features
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent (MSc or MBA a plus)
- Strong expertise in fundamental cryptographic algorithms and the underlying mathematics, such as finite field arithmetic
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more relevant applied cryptography areas, such as Secure Multi-Party Computation, Homomorphic Encryption, Private Search, Cryptography Accelerators, or similar
- Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and best practices Excellent programming skills
- Strong academic and publication record a plus
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We develop our own products; we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated and colorful technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done